Thursday, July 30, 2009

Farm Animals


©KathleenRietz
I have completed 5 children's books this year: 2 trade publications and 3 readers. I am about to begin illustrating a coloring book, which will accompany the successful book "The ABCs of Yoga for Kids", which was released this past March. I decided to begin adding black line art images to my portfolio a while back, and hope to pick up more work illustrating coloring books. It's a nice change of pace, since there are no colors to be concerned with, but rather I can focus on line weight and have fun just drawing. Right now I am working on a series of farm animals. I have added several new updates to my website, mainly in my illustration portfolios, so be sure to check it out.

7 comments:

  1. Aw, these are just gorgeous Kate! I love your coloring book sketches! My fave is that big pig! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! These are very engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SOOOOO want to color them!! You were the first person to tell me about prismacolor pencils, and now finally I have bought myself a set (they were on sale!!) I feel like drawing and drawing and drawing...and coloring all your pics in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! I'm sure kids who buy this book are going to be very pleased..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are great, Kate! Perfect for coloring books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I had to visit again ... just for another peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Everyone! (haha..thanx Joan!)

    : )

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!