I used this week's topic as an opportunity to create a new portfolio piece. Meanwhile, I am awaiting a decision by a major publishing company about another children's book assignment. Can't say much more about it at the present time. I am not getting much sleep these days, but I am happy. I hope you enjoy my entry this week.

© kathleen rietz
So cute!!! Perfect illo!
ReplyDeletei really like the colors and the whole set-up...
ReplyDeletevery nice...
...and,i hope u take the job...:-)
great piece and nice multicultural element...
ReplyDeleteThis is so well done Kathleen--reminds me of myself as a kid! The turtle is, of course, an added bonus. Best wishes regarding the publishing co.!
ReplyDeleteAdorable style on the children, love your bright colors!
ReplyDeleteLovely piece! Very cute!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the new assignment :)
Thanks everyone! Hey Steve, I thought you'd like that turtle!
ReplyDeleteKathleen - This is a wonderful piece. Good luck on your job offer!
ReplyDeleteVery cute, Kathleen!
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting on word on a project too.I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and please do the same for me!
=O)
Great illo, a perfect discovery.
ReplyDeleteGreat illo! I remember days like that. Now get some sleep, you're much less grouchy when well rested. ;-)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. I'm crossing my fingers for you. Hope they say yes!
ReplyDeleteRoz, yes, I will do the same for you!!
ReplyDeleteUmmm, Rrramone, how would you know?
Designing Fairy - Thanks! Me too!
So sweet illo!
ReplyDeleteOne of the sweetest yet! Great looks of wonderment on their faces. I'll hold a great thought for the book job :)
ReplyDeleteadorable characters and wonderful piece to add to ur portfolio
ReplyDeletelove the slightly unsure expression the girl has...wonderful soft style too...best wishes for the project too
ReplyDeleteThe little girl's expression is adorable! It's always great to see kids discover nature. :) Good luck on the assignment.
ReplyDeleteKathleen! This illustration is beautiful! I love the wonderment and curiosity of children and you've captured that look perfectly! And, I have to admit, this is soooo uncanny. I'm sending you pics of me as a child and tell me what you think. My mom used to put my hair up exactly like that!
ReplyDeleteI like the warmth of the childhood and the harmony of colors. Very pretty and good gestures of the characters.
ReplyDeleteOh they are darling, good luck with the new project, hope you get it:)
ReplyDeletelove their sweet faces!
ReplyDeleteThey are really sweet. How are you ? I hope you get that children's book assignment.
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed for you. I must say, this is a great portfolio piece. PS. thank for the comment on my pendants... I do them in any color.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it can get much cuter than this! My boyfriend recently fell in love with the idea of catching bugs in jars. He has trouble keeping them alive! I tell him that in order to keep them alive you have to set them free! haha! :-) Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece
ReplyDeleteAs usual, wonderful illustration and textures in the medium! I love the expressions and colors.
ReplyDeleteOhhh how cute! Well done! I hope that you hear the best of the best news about having a children's book published. :) Good luck in the future! Great post! *HUGS*
ReplyDeleteWow, beautiful illo Kathleen, good luck with the book job too although I think your fine work speaks for itself :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful illo, I am sure you'll get the book assignment, I love your work.
ReplyDeletelovely, great expressions.best wishes for the publishing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great piece for your portfolio - too cute!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful discovery. Good luck on the 'word' from the publishing company.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! I heard back from the publisher today that they are considering other illustrators but that I have made it to "round 2". So, I will be patient and see where this goes....thanks for all of your well-wishes!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! Lovely colors too.
ReplyDeleteExcellent....everything has a lovely quality to it, like I want to to pet the butterfly and turtle.
ReplyDeleteCharming adorable piece!
ReplyDeletePerfect and beautiful! Great illo, Kathleen!
ReplyDeleteLovely peice great colouring.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous and adorable illustration! And good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis illustration is so darned cute! I subscribed to your blog so I don't miss a thing. :)
ReplyDeleteBtw, good luck with the publishers.
eyes full of awe and wonder, you've captured it so well... greatly appealing illustation! :o)
ReplyDeleteVery cute!! Good luck on the publishing front!
ReplyDeleteGreat illustration!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get some sleep... a blessing and a curse, no?
awesome illos on discovery and poem, Kathleen! they are awesome!
ReplyDeleteDsmn they are cute.
ReplyDeleteAaw this is gorgeous. I love that little girls eyes. Beautiful.
ReplyDelete