Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Looking for Advice on Hiring an Artist's Agent?

Before you do, check out my latest article for the column "Illustrator Tips", featured in The Prairie Wind, the online newsletter of the SCBWI-IL.

Now for an update: I am currently illustrating "The ABCs of Yoga for Kids Coloring Book" for author and yoga instructor Teresa Ann Power. This coloring book features yoga poses with corresponding letters of the alphabet, and is meant to accompany the new poster and the original, award winning hardcover book "The ABCs of Yoga for Kids". Teresa and I have had a great time working together and watching the success of the book grow! Check out this review in The US Review of Books.

8 comments:

  1. oh cool Kathleen!! going to read it now...and I love the idea of your coloring book....we creating one in the last book we did and the kids love it!!!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this great success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Kate, I do love reading about your experiences and find it all very helpful! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the great review and what a wonderful and informative article, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats my friend you deserve it all sweetie! and I'm really liking your colorbook pages WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops almost forgot! advice on an agent...hummmmmmm? The only thing Agents do is they carry a lil more weight than we do individually with certain publishers such as Simon and Shuster and alike. I found an entertainment and intellectual attorney that more or less acts as an agent when I need one. she dosn't charge like most agents. If you do find an agent find one that is willing to market you and not one that shows you off like no less than another horse in the pen. Most Agents are that way. and they expect when you do get a job to share as much as 30 to 40% and thats money off my table....ok nuff from my peanut gallery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read your article (and the previous one). Thanks so much for sharing your experience and for your solid advice. This was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your insight and experience in regards to this Kathleen! It's not anything I am planning on doing right now, but if push comes to shove and I need someone who already has a foot in the door an agent may be a good move. I'll keep your article on hand before I jump into things. Thanks again for your wisdom!

    -Wilson

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!