Saturday, April 13, 2013

Something New

I thought I would try something different.  I love this print wrap I brought back from Hawaii a few years ago.  I tried to salvage this old apple painting by adding the pattern in the background.  I think it looks pretty, although apples are not typically found in Hawaii the way they are on the mainland.  What do you think?  It's available in my Etsy shop.


  1. It's so beautiful Kate! The complementary colors make the apples pop in a most gorgeous way! :)

  2. Very nice backdrop! Gives the apples new life.

  3. I love the apples. I think they look great with the paper background, but also think they would be gorgeous by themselves on a colored background. They have so many layers, I just love them!

    You did the illustrations in Desert Baths!? That is a wonderful book with fantastic images that look so lifelike. Didn't that book win the Writer Digest's Self-Published Book Award last year? I know it was one of Darcy's and pretty sure that was the one. The two of you make a great team!

    Sue @Kid Lit Reviews (no longer at Blogger)


Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!