Saturday, August 25, 2007

r-e-l-a-x-a-t-i-o-n

My sister gave me my birthday present early this year. We drove to Lake Geneva, WI for a mini getaway this week. It was just so nice to clear my head and get a different perspective on my life. And, of course, I had my camera handy. Those of you who visit my blog with any regularity know how drawn I am to this world's little creatures....especially bumblebees, ladybugs and an occasional spider. I include them in my artwork and photos all the time. I hope these photos I took offer you a moment of calm and relaxation...maybe even fascination. I love to visit this little world through the eye of my camera.©kathleen rietz I was a little heartbroken that the bees in this photo were not in focus. But I just loved the way they looked together, the honeybee and the bumblebee meeting for lunch on this cluster of tangerine-colored flowers.

©kathleen rietz This little grasshopper was also enjoying lunch, too busy to notice me.

©kathleen rietz I could not resist the angle of this plump bumblebee on this pretty yellow flower...

©kathleen rietz Just another nice close-up of a bumblebee sipping nectar.

©kathleen rietz This little bumblebee had her back to me, and her sweet and simple pose seemed so perfect for a future children's book illustration.

©kathleen rietz This was the view of the creek which could be seen from the condo where we stayed. It truly was serene, and the highlight of my summer 2007. Thanks for the "early" birthday present, Flip. : )

5 comments:

  1. Well, lucky you to go on a mini-vacation and take some really cool photos. I'm glad you were able to relax and get your mind set, because you'll going to need it for the coming school year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, Your photos are magical! I love to peer into the mini world that you so admire. I'm so happy that you were able to go on this trip. It looks wonderful!
    It was so nice to see you yesterday! Thanks my friend for stopping by and supporting me on my new venture. See ya, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a perfect title. How can anyone feel but relaxed with a view like that?! It looks soooo peaceful. I love your bug pics. It's nice to know someone that finds insects as interesting as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Kathleen.

    Cool bees, in any focus,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just perusing your illustration and now see you do some gorgeous photography too! Go renaissance woman!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!