Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What Do Dogs Dream About..??

©Kathleen Rietz
I am headed to Lake Geneva for a few days with my sister, so I thought I would leave with a quick sketchbook doodle. I drew Sunshine the other night before heading to bed, while she was sound asleep on my art room floor. On rare occasion, Sunshine wags her tail in her sleep, and I wonder "What is she dreaming about?" I'm not talking that twitching, REM sleep thing dogs do where their paws and eyelids twitch and they breath funny or yelp. I mean, her body is still and she literally wags just her tail. Sometimes she stops and then wags her tail again. I figure maybe she is dreaming about one of her favorite people or seeing an image from a ride in the car or a run in the park. Or maybe she is chasing squirrels out of the backyard.
Have a great week! -kate : )

6 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cutie! Sunshine looks comfy on her spot on your floor. I love the details of her feet ... er, paws. Have a safe and fun trip Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sketch, and a lovely blog. Popped over here from Karen's Blog "Art In The Garage" - it has been a joy! Will visit again, Lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, most likely. Great sketch and have fun Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had to come see your drawing that joan mentioned on her blog. it is just wonderful - what a sweetie sunshine must be! and i'm sure they dream - sounds like sunshine has happy, tail-wagging dreams :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!