Friday, February 02, 2007

"Hilda"

© kathleen rietz
This is my childhood family pet, Hilda the Daschund. I drew this portrait when I was 5 yrs old. Hilda had sparkley brown eyes and a red leather collar. My mom saw my creative potential, and loved all of her children dearly. She saved my artwork in a folder, which now belongs to me.

Speaking of pets.....it's been so cold here, I have not been able to walk Sunshine for 2 weeks. The sun comes out in the morning and disappears after lunch, and either way it is down right BUTT-FREEZING weather. The wind chill is MINUS 15 degrees Farenheit. I am glad to be working from my home studio.

I keep seeing these ads on television for travel to tropical destinations with white sand beaches and brightly striped cabanas, and quite frankly, it is KILLING ME! : (

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think that is so wonderful that you have all the drawings you've done through childhood... your mother was a very perceptive lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!