Thursday, February 22, 2007

"Morning Visitors" - Illustration Friday - (Communiation)

© kathleen rietz

Here is the final painting titled "Morning Vistors". My preliminary color sketch was posted on Tuesday.

I posted this painting late last night, but have decided to submit it for Illustration Friday. I am doodling all the time, and hope to submit another drawing specifically created for IF, if time permits.

NOTE: THIS IMAGE IS NOW AVAILABLE AT MY ONLINE SHOP. CLICK THE "SHOP" BUTTON AT UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF MY BLOG.

© kathleen rietz
Also, I found this drawing I made when I was 4. My very first pet was a snail named Sammy. Here Sammy is eating. I do not remember what we used to feed him, but I remember walking to the IGA to buy it. Weird. I could not fit the entire drawing on my scanner, but in the drawing Sammy is in his fishbowl, and a girl is sprinkling his food into his bowl. She has a big smile on her face. I assume the girl is me. I always loved my pets! : )

15 comments:

  1. The colors are brilliant! The illustration is whimsical and reminds me of books and stories I enjoyed as a child.

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the ladybug is saying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great illustration! I love the characters and the colors are perfect. That is so clever to have the lady bug riding on the leaf. The snail is so wonderful. Just can't say enough about this. It's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! love the sparkling water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a peaceful illustration. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely style and colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathleen I just adore this! What a delight!!! It's not showing up on your blog page though for me, but i clicked on the blank square box and there it is in beautiful full colour! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never mind that last comment, here is your beautiful piece! I am assuming it is watercolour and I can't say enogh how much I love it! Clean, beautifully rendered and gorgeous colour and i adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your uplifting comments. It means a lot to me. Lately I have been really searching myself to see who I am as an illustrator and what I want my artwork to say, so I have been painting from the heart and having a lot of fun experimenting.

    Thanks for your comments!

    - Kate : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww... they are so sweet that I can't bear it :')

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this piece and i love your old drawing of sammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow very beautiful work. and that drawing you did when you were little is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, so beautifully painted :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!