Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mosaic Objects #2


For my series of crosses, I first made a 4" cross template out of cardboard, and then cut and sculpted the crosses out of Sculpy, which I then baked in my oven. Then I added the cut stained glass. The grout has little flecks of metallic gold in it, which you cannot see in this photo. I gave this cross to a friend for her birthday.


This is a detailed photo of a vase I made for my entryway.


I made a series of mosaic pendants. First I sculpted the pendants from Sculpy, baked them and then add the mosaic glass. Each one is different. These sell for $12 each.

I love to make mosaics, but I think it's been a year now since I have made anything. When I started creating mosaics, it was an obsession for me. It was a time in my life when someone I loved was away, and I needed a creative outlet that was not defined by anything or anyone...something which has been a struggle for me because I have spent so many years making commercial art. I enjoy making things for people and giving them away.

2 comments:

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!