Wednesday, March 07, 2007

New Neighbor


My brother, Pat, made this bird house for our mom several years ago, and it is now in my backyard. Over the years, birds have moved in, but none have stayed around for very long. Probably because of the dog. Last week, I saw this saw this squirrel chewing the hole in the front of the house. I let the dog out to chase it away twice because I thought it was destroying the birdhouse. When I looked again later on, the squirrel was actually in the house, and I grabbed my camera. Leon went out there the other day, and said there are babies in the house! The squirrel is in the house day and night, coming out maybe once a day for a short time only. This is driving my dog nuts.

6 comments:

  1. sweeet! I'd love to have a squirrel neighbor! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing shot you captured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful - I think I'd have forgiven the squirrel, too.

    Brilliant shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! You have a new neighbor. Sorry it's driving the dog crazy, but sometimes new neighbors take a bit of getting used to. Great camera shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, we feed a squirrel that comes on to our deck by hand. they know how work the humans!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!