Hello everyone!! Thanks for visiting. Today Sunshine and I are celebrating my 200th blog post! There is lots to share with you, so please read on...
Here I am posting my latest illustration in my Flower Girls series:
I am creating this series to sell as note cards/invitations when I launch my new online shop in July. They will all be printed in color (as the first girl is in the post below), and sold as a set of 6 (or 8..I have not decided yet). I will also be selling full-color prints of many of my other illustrations, including Halloween and Sea Princess.
Now, on to the fun stuff. A couple of months ago, Joan tagged me to list 10 facts about myself. For the sake of saving space (and because I cannot think of that many interesting things), I am adding my own twist to the list! So here are My Five Favorites for June 2008:
1. I love unusual scents, such as wool, silk, rain and lime peel.
2. Robert Reed, the actor who played Mike Brady on the Brady Bunch...well, he was my cousin. He was born John Robert Rietz. I never met him and he died in '92, but he is buried back here in Skokie, IL. I guess that makes me a Brady. Sort of. : )
3. I laugh when I am in pain. No, really. Ask my sister. She thinks it is the funniest thing in the world when I stub a toe or smack my head on a shelf because pain makes me laugh.
4. I love listening to this when I am painting or drawing. You can go to Pandora.com and create a sound track for your drawing session. So cool!
5. I love looking at photos of beautiful food and reading the recipes. In fact, unleash me in Borders and I head straight for the food magazines, grab 2 or 3, and sit for hours reading them from cover to cover. Occasionally, I will even BUY one. But my latest tasty morsel is this website! This photo below makes my mouth water. And chef Russell James even holds classes. So if I am ever in the UK, I will have to look him up.
(photo courtesy of The Raw Chef Blog and chef Russell James) The most amazing part of this Cacao Pistachio Florentine & Mint Ice Cream Sandwich is that is is raw and it is vegan.
I still have news I want to tell you all, but I can't yet. The suspense is killing me! But you never count your chickens before they are hatched, and so I'll wait. I'll wait until it is official and all my ducks are in a row. Hee hee....enough about chickens and ducks, this post is turning fowl. : ) (sorry, couldn't resist)
Thanks to all my peeps (another fowl pun) who have visited my blog on a regular basis and have been kind enough to leave me comments or email me. I am looking forward to the next 200 posts with all of you! Fo' shizzle. : )