Sunday, June 22, 2008

Illustration Friday - "Hoard"

©Kathleen Rietz
Hoarding flowers, hoarding summer.
This was my uninspired attempt at Illustration Friday this week. I have been very busy with many new projects which I cannot talk about right now....they are TOP SECRET....ssshhhhh...been in the works for months and I do hope to have some news to post soon.
It's hard to break away and do anything for Illustration Friday, but I love summer and all I could think about was how happy I feel when I am surrounded by warm breezes and fragrant flowers. I have been trying to relax more lately, despite all of the new goings-on in my life. I quit my job at the chiropractic clinic. The staff at the clinic drove out to a Korean BBQ restaurant for dinner near my house and I met the new girls. We had a great time, and they gave me a gift card for a massage. I am still going to the clinic for my treatments, but this time it is nice to be the patient instead of taking care of people.
I have one more art class to teach this summer. It has been wonderful, and I think my students are learning so much I wish I had been taught at their age! I will miss teaching and I will miss most of my students.....but maybe I will teach again.
Okay, that's all I can say for now. Happy summer everyone!!! Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.

EDIT: The color version is right here!

27 comments:

  1. Pure sweetness! This is the best kind of hoarding Kate! I predict lots of excitement and new adventures in your future! With your talent, you will go far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan! I think you are my biggest fan! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful drawing, beautiful thoughts! Have a nice summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello mystery woman. I hope your top secret plans are juicy and good. Miss you and wishing you nothing but good things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even when you're "uninspired," you manage to capture such sweetness. This is a truly lovely illustration. Can't wait to hear more about your top secret project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so glad you're taking some time for you! the clinic, teaching and creating is too much at once! and a massage, how nice!! kev's out of town the week of the 4th now (of course) so the week after he's taking days off, when i know what days, we'll ink the jim flora plans!! so looking forward to it!!

    a : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kind of girl, hoarding flowers! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a cute one. I love the pretty striped dress. Thanks for taking the time to draw her for IF. Isn't Korean food great? Good luck with all the changes in your life.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi kate!
    i love your drawing and hearing all the things that make you happy. great post. i am excited to see all the new things you are doing.
    :) melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.....
    Super good luck to you my friend!!!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring and Summer are my favorite times of the year as well, and your sweet illo captures it perfectly. I love her beautiful face and dress...

    Wishing that everything works out for you and your project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet looking illustration as always.
    I hope you have sometime for yourself for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely bouquet!

    Best wishes are your project, it sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't call that illustration uninspired! It's very sweet and an unexpected twist on the "Hoard" topic. I love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kate...she is so sweeeeeeeeeeet...all the way down to her cute hair pin....

    I am so thrilled for you and wish you all the best with these exciting projects!!!! you deserve it!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely take on the topic. all the best with your future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even when you're uninspired, you're inspiring :)

    I'm so happy you have a big secret because that means you'll have something WONDERFUL to share soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kate, now that is one thing that I don't mind hoarding. This is such a beautiful illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's good to hear you're (attempting!) to take it easy. You always seem to have so much on the go. This is a lovely piece... I can almost smell that summer breeze. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. her hair is to DIE FOR! love love lovvvveee that! super illio, kate!

    and....KOREAN BBQ???? YUM YUM YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a real standout-- beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on quitting your day job. Your illustration is lovely... now get outside and enjoy it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great stuff as ever Kate, cant wait to see what you have in the pipeline, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just beautiful. I can't decide if I prefer the colour version or not, but I love them both!

    Thanks for your comment on mine. x

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!