Monday, July 21, 2008

Back...so soon?

Well, I returned late Thursday night from an impromptu vacation/adventure. I will tell you all about it in a future post. But for now I am sort of enjoying my break. I took a break from drawing and from blogging. I missed it at first, but now I have to admit it is sort of a nice little break. I am really trying to learn to take time for myself.

Meanwhile, more GOOD NEWS to share: I was awarded a new picture book to illustrate for Spring 2009. The publisher is Soundprints, and the book is for The Smithsonian Institution! I am very excited. This book will be a huge challenge for certain, but I am really looking forward to it. I need to begin researching the characters.....who are "creepy crawlies". Okay, that was a hint. I cannot say anything more!

Also, PLEASE NOTE: If you sent me an email between 7/13 and 7/17, there is a good chance I did NOT receive it. My web mail program is HIDEOUS and UNRELIABLE and DETESTABLE. A couple of people have told me they emailed me. I did not receive their emails. It is the best I can do when I am out of town. So...I am not ignoring you.

It's good to be back. I think I'll go read....

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the book, I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job! Hope we get some little sneak previews along the way... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kate! I'm so glad such a neat book came your way right now - what an answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your back and refreshed! And congrats on the new book job. Hope we can see more hints in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new book, and good luck. Welcome back Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Congratulations on the new picture book project! I always loved Soundprints books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooooow!!! What a great, well-deserved job Kate! I know you'll do the sweetest creepy-crawlies ever :)

    I wish I could take some time off. I took 4 hours today and refused to answer my phone while I was visiting kitty patients. Just me and the cats...and the quiet. Mmmmm, nice, but not nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Kathy!
    I'm working with them too.
    They have blessed me with my first board book assignment.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. excited for you about the book! Can't wait to find out more. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the book! I dream of being in that position one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you back Kate, I hope you get a chance to post your new project ideas here!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new book!!! YAYYYYYYYY!
    Can't wait to see it on the book shelves.
    Have a creative day.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Congratulations again!!!! That is such wonderful news! Can't wait to learn more about it!

    Well, enjoy your break. Talk to you soon. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and welcome back. I'm sure you'll do great as with all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!! Great news - I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!