Monday, September 03, 2007

Come Meet Me!

Come meet me at the Chesterton Arts Center in Chesterton, IN, as I and other members of the SCBWI-IL display our children's book illustrations at a show which will run the entire month of October. The opening celebration is Sunday, October 7th from 1-4pm. A diverse group of talented children's artists will be there to meet, demo and lecture, and it is a wonderful opportunity to see amazing art and purchase children's books. I hope to have copies of the book I illustrated "My New Pet" there if I am able to nab a few from the publisher in time for the show. There is also a silent auction featuring an illustrated alphabet, where my illustrated "M" will be available for bidding.

©Kathleen Rietz
One of the nicest surprises, which I did not expect at all, is that the SCBWI-IL is featuring my illustration "Symphony In The Pond" on the show's promotional materials!
I hope to see you there!

10 comments:

  1. Well I can see why this illustration is a main feature Kate! It nearly leaps off the page (or screen). Anyhow, congrats on your success--your hard work and skill is obviously paying off. I'll keep my eyes open for this book as well--thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Kate.

    That is a groovy pond.

    Y'all have fun,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting Kate! I really, really wish I could be there. Such a fitting event for such an incredible artist. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan, I TOTALLY wish you could come to the opening, too, but I know living in Hawaii would make for quite a journey! I know you will be there with me in spirit. You are such a good friend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Kate! The colors on that frog are incredible--they really describe his form vividly. Wish I could come to the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...how wonderful for you! Your work is amazing...you have such talent...enjoy yourself at the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a gorgeous illustration in every way, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I wish you all could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this illustration you've done here. I'd like to see more illustrations from you like this. It's realistic yet stylized. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!