Friday, December 21, 2007

Illustration Friday - "Horizon"

This was an illustration (above) I did for Abbey Press a year and a half ago...but it fits the theme.
And here is an illustration I painted in 1995, for my very first children's picture-book. I almost didn't post this one, but I had to prove to myself that I still have a sense of humor. There is nothing horribly "wrong" with it, I would just do it so differently almost 13 years later.....which is a GOOD thing! It shows I've grown as an illustrator.
Click both images for a closer look.
Meanwhile.....I am still working on the 113 illustrations (the editor added 5 more!) for the textbooks due in January. AND, I found out earlier this week that I have been awarded a new picture-book! I am not even sure about the subject matter yet; all I know is that it is a Spanish language book and that the publisher wants it done in my "whimsical" style (which you can see in the 2 posts immediately below this one). Hmmmm... I also know that delivery of the final art is expected in 3 or 4 weeks....this should make for some abbreviated celebrating during the holidays. But, how cool is that?? I say, pretty darn cool. : )

19 comments:

  1. wow! I love them both. they give a dreamy look to the concept of horizon. Great illustrations as always. They are lovely Kate. Made me wish I am there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your work is wonderful...

    Hope you have a Magical Holiday Season!

    Cheers,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful but I love the colors in the second one. Wonderful work. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Horizons Kate! Merry Christmas to you!
    JOhn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute. I love the cozyness of your illustrations. I could just move right in and live happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Growth is a wonderful thing. Congratulations on your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful illustrations and congratulations on the book deals....

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful Kate!! Congratulations!! :o)
    You are going to be very busy but happy I'm sure :o)
    Hope you have a wonderful christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Yes! Pretty darn cool Kate! Congratulations! I love your horizons illustrations. A cozy house in the countryside is my kind of place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images as usual!

    Congrats on the new book. What a wonderful holiday surprise.

    Well have very Merry Christmas and I hope to see you when things slow down a bit for you. Take care, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work, both old and current. Congratulations on the new jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big congrats Kate! Keep on growing with your art and style and all the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Love the sweet cottage and the homey, cozy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your art is always magical!
    Both are lovely and they have your special stile.
    Happy holidays, Kate.
    Cata

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for you! Lovely work! Congratulations and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nicely done. I like it a lot. And Happy B'day and holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious illos. Your spirit really shines through your art and people (publishers) are picking up on this. You are an inspiration! May your new year be full of joy and hope. I look forward to more encounters with you and your art.

    Peace to all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Horizon illustrations, Kate, and Congratulations on the new book! You truly are an inspiration.

    Happy New Year to you ~

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!