Thursday, December 06, 2007

Winter's Garden Snowcone

©Kathleen Rietz
I emailed this photo to my friend and fellow blogger Joan Yoshioka in Hawaii, who commented that it looks like a snowcone. I thought the same thing when I photographed it this morning. This bush reminded me of something from a fairy tale - like the garden Dorothy discoveres in The Wizard of Oz - a shrub sprouting forth sparkly snowcones or sugar covered marshmallows. It is worth clicking on the image to see it full-size. Of course, it was even better in person.

9 comments:

  1. It DOES look like a snow cone! I love that you can see other snow cones in the picture! Great shot. The glistening snow crystals makes me wish I could lick em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet. Glad you could capture this image and share it with us Kate. We have a two hour delay this morning and I feel like i should be doing someting creative--drawing, taking photos, but instead I'm sitting here on Blogger. Oh well. Looking forward to more photos in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image! Perfect for Wizard of Oz or even Willy Wonka. You should use this idea in one of your illustrations!

    It was so nice catching up the other night.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. julia (lineanongrata)12/06/2007 3:23 PM

    it's very beautiful. I wish we could have some snow, but 'living in the south of france' seems to exclude that. Happy advent !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful. I love the repetition with variation of the shapes. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is beautiful....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too freaking cool. No pun intended. :-)

    Thanks for sharing your snow. Now throw a snowball at me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. in Malaysia, we call this "ice kacang", it's cool and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kathleen, I'm doing some giveaways for the holidays this week, stop by and enter! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!