Thursday, September 04, 2008

another TINY sneak preview


I finished the painting for the book cover for Soundprints today, and it is now making its way safely to Connecticut. I photographed it first, and emailed the photo to the editor. She was ecstatic! I could practically hear her jumping up and down through the phone! I am so excited. The painting took 3 weeks. But the cover sells the book, so it was time well spent. Here is another little sneak preview of the painting I have decided to post for you (this section is maybe 3" wide, and the painting is over 25" wide altogether). I should be able to post the entire layout with the title in place as soon as it is approved and goes to catalog.....in a week or so. I will also post my preliminary sketches and maybe some earlier pics of the painting as I was working on it. Soundprints has been great to work with, and I look forward to continuing on with this project and completing the book.

12 comments:

  1. ohhhh.... Can't wait to see the rest of the cover, this section is lovely. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very well done. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What incredible detail!! Three weeks!! They are very lucky to have you, Kate!

    I can't wait to see it when you ale to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dandelions. Thanks for the sneak peak. Look forward to seeing your other pics when allowed. I admire your work ethic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how amazing Kate!!! I can imagine how wonderful it is ...

    can't wait to see it and I am sure it will be a huge hit with everyone....

    funny that you should post this....Cole and I were just outside and I was teaching him how to blow the dandelion seeds...what a riot....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of the teasers are gorgeous,Kate. All the very,very best with the book and the wonderful art you are creating! I can so appreciate the time you take to create your illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy!

    I'd love to share a comment.....Wow what a cool pic and a eye catcher! love the layout and color....I have a question?
    is it better to hand paint all the illustrations for a book rather than producing all the art on the computer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the whole cover. Read your new article too! Great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell this is going to be FABULOUS.
    Thanks for the little sneek peek.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You betcha I'll be here for the unveiling! The richness of colors are just wonderful! *congrats*

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh so pretty!! cant wait to see the rest !

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!