Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Moleskine

©Kathleen Rietz
©Kathleen Rietz
©Kathleen Rietz

Fellow blogger and good friend Joan Yoshioka has been visiting from Hawaii and staying at my home in Chicagoland. We have so much to post about...it has been a vacation of sorts for us both. But tonite I am finishing up some sketches for the children's yoga book I am illustrating, so we are taking a little break from our adventures.

Today was grey and cold...the first real nip of autumn in the air. I bought this Moleskine sketchbook last night while we were out, and today we decided to have an afternoon of sketching at my kitchen table. Now I understand why artists become obsessed with their Moleskines....they are just so "different" from any other sketchbooks out there. It was nice just to do some sketching, free of deadlines and pressure. I guess there is still this fine artist living inside of me, set free on the pages of her new Moleskine.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketches!! Can't wait to hear about your recent adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! This is a side of you I haven't seen. Never tried a Moley myself...guess I'll have to try one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these sketches kate! Moleskines are wonderful indeed :o)

    How great that you two got to get together. Yes, show the pictures soon!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful sketching and WOO HOO on that fabulous book of yours !!! doin' the happy dance for you !! can only imagine how satisfying that must feel, to see your name on a book and look at all your illustrations in print !!! way to go, Kate !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a great time! Can't wait to see your other posts.
    These drawing are superb! But then again, all your work is so consistently beautiful.
    BTW-Thanks for your wonderful comment. It really means a lot coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shading! Your drawings and you are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kate these are gorgeous! It's so important to draw from life isn't it? You've certainly got it girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate...sounds like a lot of fun! having your friend Joan over from Hawaii....I wish you have the greatest time together...

    I love your moleskin sketches...thanks for posting them....

    Have a wonderful day and keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kate, these drawings bring back fond memories. :) Let's draw together again soon, ok?

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!