Monday, September 22, 2008

Illustration Friday - "Clique" & "Little Black Ant" book cover!!!

Here are examples of "cliques"....these 3 pencil illustrations were educational illustrations I did for a publisher earlier this year.

Please also take a look at the last illustration...I just recieved this catalog image sample of the book cover I illustrated for the Soundprints book "Little Black Ant on Park Street"!!! This is the book that will be sold through the Smithsonian Institution. I am thrilled. I worked all weekend on the thumbnails for the inside illustrations. I am trying to get a file of the entire cover layout, since the illustration actually wraps around the front and back cover.

All of these illustrations showcase my "soft realistic" style. I am also working on a book in my "whimsical" style, which many of you are probably more familiar with. I will post illustratiosn from that upcoming book, too, as soon as I am able.





"Little Black Ant on Park Street" will be released in the spring of 2009, published by Soundprints.

11 comments:

  1. Hey! Great work! I really like
    your style - especially the
    soft pencil ones!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! how exciting Kate!!! I love the cover of the ant book is really eye-catching. And your realistic soft style pieces are lovely :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate, I always like to visit your blog! Your newest works are really excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a multi-talented artist! They all look great.

    Wishing you much success from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great style. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, these are great cliques! Your soft realistic side is exceptional. And what a great ant! He really pops out of the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate, I do like your 'soft' style, it's so warm and pleasing to the eye!
    The book cover looks fantastic, you must be so proud!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft quality of these pieces. Fabulous illustartions :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, this is so exciting!! I just love all of your illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your pencil illustrations. Its got that wonderfully inviting feeling. I especially love the Asian family eating hot pot :-)

    The Black Ant book looks great too. congrats! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pencil illustrations are fantastic. You are incredibly talented! Congrats on the new book Kate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!