Monday, March 31, 2008

Late Eggs

©Kathleen Rietz (worth clicking for a larger view)
Between getting over the flu, de-skunking my house, and just trying to catch up on ever-changing work deadlines, I was late transferring my Easter Egg photos from my camera. It was hard to choose which photo to post, actually, because I love how they turned out. I tried so many fun techniques this year (building layer upon layer of color, rubbing, buffing, scraping, oil resists, etc...) and was really surprised with the outcome.....many of them were "happy mistakes"! So if you want to dye eggs with me next year, be prepared for something fun and original. I feel like each little egg is a labored masterpiece.

14 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! These are beautiful! I would love to dye eggs with you! Artists are so much fun ... they can make eggs works of art! Let's plan an egg-dying event next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a date! Thanks Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen...these are wonderful ...so happy you posted these...and I would love to paint eggs with you...what fun and what great techniques....

    Cheers,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Diana - you're definitely invited! I'll bet you have some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, free way to experiment with textures! Thanks for sharing.

    Nice eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so beautiful -each one looks like a little gem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kate! I left a comment a few days ago but I don't think it went through. Anyway, these are so lovely!
    They really do look like pieces of art. I want to join you next year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice eggs. I do love the patina that you achieved. Next year, perhaps save your dried yellow onion peels and make a dye with that. You get a really spectacular copper color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, of course Alicia! The more the merrier! Thanks!!

    Thanks Scott. Yep, I want to try that sometime! Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kate, these are gorgeous! You've inspired me to make some next year... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These are the best eggs ever!!! I love them. I know where I'm going for easter egg fun next year. ;) See ya, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! I've never seen anything like these! I wonder what the chickens would think of them if they were put back in their nests? That could be a funny book! Just beautiful kate.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!