Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 16 of 21 - Sick as a Dog, Actually.

©Kathleen Rietz
All of these blooming trees - apple, cherry blossom, lilac - are beautiful but deadly for me. My allergies got so bad last week, I could feel it all settling into my lungs. By Thursday I was beginning to think there was something more going on than just my seasonal allergies. On Friday I was diagnosed with bronchitis and given a heavy dose of antibiotics, and bed rest followed all weekend. Last night I managed to drag myself to the first session of the new 6 week class I am teaching at the Community School of the Arts at Wheaton College, called "The Art of the Sketchbook". Today I still feel...uh...sick as a dog. But I did manage a little sketching time. Enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Awesome Kate! You are a true artist ... you're coughing, feeling blah, dragging yourself around the house ... and you still managed to teach AND draw! You are one Superwoman!!!! These pups are the cutest ... but I love the pizza dog the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope you feel better soon, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dog sketches! I hope you're feeling better!!! Being sick is... for the dogs (heehee).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you feel better soon! This page of dogs is just wonderful. I love pizza dog. I probably have a bubble over my head all the time with a little slice of pizza floating in it too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Bronchitis! Poor thing :o(
    Please take care, rest a lot.

    These dogs are adorable. I'm crazy about dogs and crazy about these too. I like them all, the Chiguagua, Pomeranian, Terrier, Pekinese, Doxie and pizza dog.. all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kate, I hope you feel better soon! There's been so much stuff going around this spring around here too... it's weird! Glad to see you're still drawing.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you feel better soon. The variety of doggies are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you are feeling better, kate! life sure can get crazy, can't it? your dog sketches are wonderful....
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're better now, and the dog is just cuute.. :')

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, don't be shy! Share your thoughts!