Hooray for Summer! I can say that because I've got a great air coditioner! But I love those long days! Your picture really captures the feeling! Cute puppies below too-
Kate, it was so much fun chatting with you yesterday -thanks for listening to my excited ramblings of good news! Great job capturing the sunlight on the skintones on this one.
this is a beautiful piece! and lovely expression on the kids face!
and ohh its summer in this side of the world, but then again the rainy season came too early it spoils the last quarter of our summer vacations.. anyway there is always next year. and as i tell my 6 year old son, the rain just wants to water the plants and trees because summer has been too hot.
I agree 100% Bing on the great weather! Very nice illustration and I like the perspective you have chosen to use. Really makes it look like he is swinging so high!
This looks great! Love the light coming from behind him. Your art is truly inspiring!
ReplyDeletewow Kate...this is a perfect piece...the perspective is really neat...love his feet and his excitement....
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for better days!
such pretty lighting. the scene is just perfect!
ReplyDeleteteri
The lighting is really pretty. The scene is just perfect!
ReplyDeleteteri
Beautiful sunshine!! How are you feeling Kate? Allergies a bit better?
ReplyDeleteI just adore your fat little bees!
ReplyDeleteHooray for Summer! I can say that because I've got a great air coditioner! But I love those long days! Your picture really captures the feeling! Cute puppies below too-
ReplyDeleteso lovely! i love all the bumblebees - and me too! can't wait for summer as i am tired of these cold and rainy new york days!
ReplyDeleteThe light and the colors are magical!
ReplyDeleteLovely image, Kate.
Cata
Magical is exactly the word I was thinking! :)
ReplyDeleteWhy is he happy when he's swinging amongst bees with a forest fire just behind him? (he he he...) Just kidding. A lovely illustration. Very nice work.
ReplyDeleteThis looks wonderful colored in!! You really know how to capture the innocence of children :)
ReplyDeletehope you are feeling better Kate.. I loved this image when it was a sketch, it is even more beautiful with colour.
ReplyDeleteKate, it was so much fun chatting with you yesterday -thanks for listening to my excited ramblings of good news!
ReplyDeleteGreat job capturing the sunlight on the skintones on this one.
what a happy, carefree piece....it makes me smile.
ReplyDeleteBaeutiful! Reminds me of Bobby Mcferrin's Don't Worry, Be Happy.
ReplyDeletesuper cute piece!
ReplyDeleteNot a worry to be found!
ReplyDeleteReally cute Kate, I love the perspective.
The perspective is great on this, love his little feet and the flowers are sweet!
ReplyDeleteKate this is wonderful! I love the Yellow background and the view from above, feel like I could hear the wind too! :D
ReplyDeletethe lighting is definitely says carefree summer days....ahhhh!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Kate! It simply glows. and great perspective too. are those the flowers causing your allergies? ;-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful color!
ReplyDeleteI love it so much!
Peace,calm,happy
ReplyDeleteLucky little boy!!!
I love it :)
It's adorable, Kat! and a great foreshortening BTW :)
ReplyDeleteSpringiness!
this is a beautiful piece! and lovely expression on the kids face!
ReplyDeleteand ohh its summer in this side of the world, but then again the rainy season came too early it spoils the last quarter of our summer vacations.. anyway there is always next year. and as i tell my 6 year old son, the rain just wants to water the plants and trees because summer has been too hot.
Neat! This is like the anti-worry illustration :) Great idea and wonderful art.
ReplyDeleteI like those days too. :-)
ReplyDeletehi again. i gathered up some links and added this post to my [list of worries].
ReplyDeleteGreat perspective and sweet illo!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you! Put the worries away for summer. Nice work.
ReplyDeleteAmazing and sweet, Kate. I like it very much!
ReplyDeletethis makes me want to go outside and play!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree 100% Bing on the great weather! Very nice illustration and I like the perspective you have chosen to use. Really makes it look like he is swinging so high!
ReplyDeleteAt least he's not worried about being stung in the foot! :)
ReplyDeletedelightful joyful work
ReplyDeleteyeah, no worry at all there! very nice !
ReplyDeletedot
mmmm... summer... my favorite season!
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely and just claims summer with one look.
ReplyDelete